There are lots of ways to live a cheaper lifestyle if you’re trying to save money. For example:
- Use your student concession card wherever it is accepted. This can save you money in campus shops, on the cost of social activities, like going to the movies.
- Shop at fresh food markets rather than supermarkets for fruit, vegetables and meat. Buy fruit and veg when it’s in season.
- Shop at discount pharmacies when purchasing medications, and shop at supermarkets to purchase over-the-counter pharmacy products like moisturiser, shampoo and toothpaste.
- Consider buying second-hand furniture to furnish your apartment.
- Shop around. Compare prices before you purchase, particularly on items of clothing and larger items like whitegoods, furniture and electrical goods.
- Use a budget planning tool to manage your money.