ACU offers accommodation for Sydney students in the ACU Living and Learning Community. The Miguel Febres Cordero Residence is located in the student hub of Camperdown which is very close to Sydney's city centre. It offers an enriching university experience and chance to make life-long friendships. The residence features:
- furnished apartments in a secure building
- communal lounges, study spaces and an atrium meeting place
- academic, social, sporting and chaplaincy programs
- public transport access to Strathfield and North Sydney Campuses
- onsite management team
- high-speed internet
For information about costs, inclusions and availability, contact the ACU Student Accommodation team or go to the Miguel Febres Cordero Residence accommodation page to find out more.
Specialised student apartment accommodation is available near most campuses. View a list of student accommodation near ACU’s campuses below.
(Servicing both North Sydney and Strathfield campuses)
- ACU Living and Learning Community (Miguel Cordero Residence)
- IGLU Student Accommodation
- Semester In Australia
- Urban Nest
Many students choose to live in private rental accommodation near their ACU campus.
Renting private accommodation normally means paying fortnightly rent, plus a security deposit (known as a Â‘bondÂ’) to cover any damage that occurs while you live there. Most private rental properties are unfurnished.
You should budget approximately AU$150 - $200 per week to rent a property shared with others. Your rent will not normally include the cost of food, electricity, internet, phone and other bills. Find out more information about weekly living costs.
Useful real estate websites include:
Homestay offers international students the opportunity to live in a local home while studying in Australia. By living with an Australian family, you will improve your English and get a better understanding of Australian life.
All ACU homestay placements are arranged by the Australian Homestay Network (AHN). Homestay placements cost approximately AU$250-$300 per week and must be booked for a minimum of 4 weeks. Homestay fees include:
- accommodation (including utilities)
- meals (breakfast & dinner)
- access to laundry facilities
- ongoing Homestay host and student support
- AHN 24/7 professional phone support
- AHN Insurance policy.
If you are a Homestay host or are interested in hosting an ACU student, visit the Homestay online portal.
For more information on accommodation, please visit our accommodation questions page.
* Please note: reference to any specific company or services is for the information and convenience of students/visitors and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation or favouring by ACU.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/564458