We can arrange short-term accommodation for your arrival in Australia. You should budget approximately AUD$350 - AUD$500 per week for accommodation. You may choose to share a room with other students or have a single room in an apartment.
Miguel Cordero Residence
Located at 43 Australia Street, Camperdown, the residence offers a modern, university-run living option that is close to the city and only a short train trip from ACU’s North Sydney Campus.
- Location close to great food, entertainment, shopping facilities with potential for part-time jobs around the Sydney City Centre, Newtown and Broadway.
- Short walk to public transport.
- Onsite facilities such as laundry, bike and car share schemes, games and TV rooms.
- 24/7 onsite management team.
- Safety and security offered by buildings key-card system.
Included in your accommodation fees:
- pillow, blanket and sheet set
- fully equipped kitchen (fridge, stove, dishwasher, pots, pans, crockery cutlery, utensils)
- washing machine and dryer located in the residence
- basic toiletries such as toilet paper and soap
- all utilities
- 5GB per month free internet
Not included in accommodation fees:
- Personal toiletries
- Food and meals
Other Short Term Accommodation Options
Students may choose to make their own accommodation arrangements. Other short term accommodation may include Homestay or Hostels. Please note that the information below has been provided for the convenience of students/visitors and any reference to a specific company or services does not constitute endorsement, recommendation or favouring by ACU.
Homestay offers international students the opportunity to live in a local home while studying in Australia. By living with an Australian family, you will improve your English and get a better understanding of Australian life.
All ACU Homestay placements are arranged by the Australian Homestay Network (AHN). Homestay placements cost approximately AU$35-$40 per night and must be booked for a minimum of two weeks.
Hostels can be a good option for short-term accommodation as they are usually cheaper than a hotel, and centrally located. Below is a list of that ACU students have used in the past.
- Carnarvon Lodge
- Greenwich Village
- YHA Sydney Harbor Hostel