Certified documents

When you apply to ACU, you must supply us certified copies of your official documents.

A certified copy is a photocopy of an original document that has been "certified" as a true copy. Documents can be certified by a Justice of the Peace (JP) or an authorised officer such as a public notary who is not related to you. The officer must include his/her professional registration number (if applicable) when certifying your documents.

For more information on certifying documents overseas, visit the Australian Government's Smart Traveller website.