Established in 2002, this initiative was developed by the Malaysian Australian Alumni Council (MAAC) to promote and cultivate Australian education opportunities for Malaysian students. Just as the Colombo Plan was originally created to strengthen ties and enhance the Malaysia-Australia education relationship, so too does the MACC Scholarship.
One scholarship valued at $5,000 is available, paid as a tuition waiver for the first year (in 2 installments over 2 semesters) of an ACU postgraduate degree.
- you must be a Malaysian citizen
- you must be eligible for a postgraduate program at ACU
- you must commence a postgraduate coursework unit either in February 2017 or July 2017 (deferment not possible)
You must NOT be:
- currently enrolled at ACU
- holding an Australian student visa
- in receipt of another form of scholarship or reduced fee arrangement.
If you hold a conditional offer, you must accept your offer immediately after meeting the conditions.
- Academic merit
Semester 1 intake: 1 November 2016
Semester 2 intake: 15 May 2017 (If scholarship is not awarded in Semester 1, 2017)
- The University has the right to not award the Scholarship if the quality of applicants is not sufficient.
- The recipient must agree to participate in promotional activities for the University.