ValueScholarships are offered annually to up to 20 undergraduate and postgraduate students equivalent to one-half of the full-time fees1 for the recipient's course of study.
EligibilityThis scholarship is open to commencing International postgraduate and undergraduate students with outstanding academic merit of at least an average result of 80% in prior studies.
Required DocumentationThe following documentation must be submitted with the application:
- Evidence of academic merit, showing achievement of an average of 80% across the applicant’s most recent study4.
- Applicants must not be an Australian permanent resident citizen or New Zealand citizen;
- Applicants must have an offer for a place in an undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD program at ACU;
- Applicants must attend the relevant ACU campus as a full-time student;
- Applicants must not be receiving any other major scholarship or award5 ;
- Applicants must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student.
Selection ProcessThe recipients will be selected by a Selection Committee consisting of the Executive Director, International, the Executive Dean of each Faculty (or nominee), the Dean of Graduate Studies, the Associate Director, International Admissions and Student Relations and the Associate Director, International Marketing and Recruitment.
Ongoing RequirementsStudents must maintain satisfactory academic progress for their duration of their course. Successful applicants must also agree to act as student ambassadors for ACU and support promotional activities.
OtherIn considering applications, in addition to the eligibility and selection criteria, the Selection Committee may give consideration to:
- The diversity of the source countries of applicants and the courses in which they are enrolled (including across a spread of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework and research programs and campuses);
- In the case of applicants undertaking research degrees, the alignment of the applicant’s intended research with the research strengths of the University.
1 For students in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs, the scholarship relieves the recipient from payment of half of the course fees, according to the scholarship awarded. It does not provide a living allowance.
For students in research programs who are also in receipt of an Australian government-funded tuition fee scholarship, the scholarship provides a living allowance of equivalent value to that of an APA stipend in the case of a full scholarship.
For all recipients, the scholarship does not cover visa application costs, Overseas Student Health Cover, air fares, accommodation, excursions, text or reference books, conferences or other costs the student may incur in pursuing his/her course or in travelling to or from Australia and the campus at which he/she is studying.
2 The stipend for research students is equivalent to the stipend paid to an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) stipend recipient at ACU; including any top up payments provided by the university.
3 Half scholarships are only available to students in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs, and are not available to students undertaking research programs.
4 Results must have been gained within the last two years.
5 Any scholarship or award the value of which, in combination with the value of the ACU International Student Scholarship, exceeds the tuition fee for the full ACU course to which the student is admitted.