Extend your student visa
International students on a student visa must complete their course within the duration specified in their Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) (Standard 9 of the National Code 2007). The University may only extend a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) where documented compassionate or compelling circumstances exist, an intervention strategy is being implemented or a student has been granted an approved deferment or suspension of study.
If your student visa expires before you complete your course, you must submit a new student visa application to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) before your current visa expires.
What do I need to extend my student visa?
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- Evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover for the new visa duration
- Check the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website and complete the correct application form as well as application checklist
How do I obtain a new CoE for a student visa extension?
- complete the ACU application for electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
- see your course coordinator and bring this application with you for their approval
- return the signed application form to your International Student Advisor
Higher Degree Research students (student visa subclass 574)
Australia Awards Scholarship students (student visa subclass 576)
Page last updated: 2017-05-08
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/743913