Some of our pages and downloadable files require the use of third party software. This page contains a list of links to many free third party software that may help you use the information on our website:
Adobe PDF Reader
There are a lot of PDFs (Portable Document Format) documents on our website, so we encourage you to download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
If you do not have Microsoft Word and do not wish to purchase it, consider some of the following free alternatives to assist you opening Word documents:
- Abiword (5.3MB to 7.1MB, depending on file additions)
- OpenOffice (108.7MB) - this is a large install but it includes equivalents to Excel and Powerpoint as well as Word.
Media player plug-ins (for video and animations)
- Flash (used for video playback and animations)
- Quicktime (used for video playback and with some Flash movies)
- Media Player (used for video playback on Windows)
Browsers (Macintosh or Windows)
Internet Explorer (Windows)
If your computer's operating system is Windows 7 you should update your version of Internet Explorer to the latest version to take advantage of more of the open web technologies that the above browsers do.
If your Windows version is not Windows 7, consider downloading Internet Explorer 8 (or one of the non-Internet Explorer browsers above).
Internet Explorer 8 (or earlier) has limited support for the open web technologies other modern browsers support. If you wish to enable open web technologies in Internet Explorer then download and install the Google Chrome Frame plugin for Internet Explorer.