This course will give you the skills and qualifications to become a paramedic.
The Bachelor of Paramedicine will teach you how to:
- analyse situations using appropriate assessment techniques
- examine patients and consider their particular needs
- cope in a high-pressure environment.
As a graduate, you will be qualified to work as a paramedic with an ambulance service in Australia and in some international ambulance or health organisations. With further study, you can go on to become an:
- ambulance service manager
- clinical instructor
- flight paramedic
- intensive-care paramedic (ICP)
- special operations team (SOT) rescue paramedic
- specialist educator
- team leader
Bachelor of Paramedicine students will undertake a minimum of 360 hours of clinical practice throughout the course within an emergency or simulated emergency environment.