Fees and payments
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment and number of other factors.
Each eligible enrolment may impact your access to further government subsidised training. Tuition fee waivers/exemptions are available to eligible students. For courses at Certificate IV and below levels concession fees are available for eligible students.
The student’s options for paying tuition fees may include:
- Payment by the student as fees become due or
- A VET student loan
Further details about the fees and payment options will be provided in the Offer Letter. For more information and additional charges please refer to Fees, charges and refunds policy and procedure.
Certificate III in Education Support is delivered with Queensland and Commonwealth Government funding for eligible candidates. Please read Certificate 3 Guarantee information to check your eligibility.
The training is delivered as full fee services for all candidates. Corporate clients may contact the office for details.
VSL is a new Commonwealth Government student loans program that replaces the current VET FEE-HELP scheme, to give eligible students access to quality Diploma and higher level VET qualifications.
The loan will remain a personal debt until it is repaid to the Commonwealth. The loan may, until the debt is repaid, reduce a student’s take-home (after-tax) wage or salary and may reduce the borrowing capacity.
The amount of HELP debt a student would accrue if the student received the maximum amount of VET student loan for the course could be up to 120% of the loan.
A student may wish to seek independent financial advice before applying for a loan.
- Students must have Year 12 or Certificate IV and above qualification certificate or achieve a ACSF Exit level 3 in ACUcom VSL Test; and
- FEE-HELP balance must be greater than zero; and
- an Australian citizen; or
- hold a permanent humanitarian visa and usually reside in Australia; or
- a qualifying New Zealand citizen
Loan cap up to
Diploma of Nursing
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Diploma of Leadership and Management
How to apply
- Read the VSL Student Information Booklet.
- Check the eligibility and bring proof of the eligibility on the day of enrolment.
- Have the TFN ready. If you don’t have a TFN, you can obtain a Certificate of application for a TFN. This certificate is available from the ATO after you have applied for a TFN. If you get a Certificate of application for a TFN, you are required to upload it to your eCAF before you submit.
- Enrol in the selected course and indicate you wish to access a VET Student Loan.
- ACUcom will then give the department your enrolment information with nearest census date.
- You will then receive an email from the department allowing you to sign into the eCAF system. Once you sign-in, you will need to verify the pre-populated information and complete the mandatory fields. You can then submit the eCAF, which will cause the system to email you a copy of your completed form. You must give this form to ACUcom within one week.
- If you do not complete the eCAF, or other permitted form, by the required date for your course, you will have to wait until the next study period.
- Repaying the loan is required when your income reaches the repayment threshold. The threshold can be found at www.studyassist.gov.au.
- You will be required to demonstrate you are progressing throughout your course.
- From 1 July 2017, you will be required to log in online twice during the year and acknowledge that you accept the loan you will receive for the course.
The census day is the last day you can:
- complete the eCAF to access a VET Student Loan, or
- withdraw your enrolment without incurring the cost or debt for that course
Your tuition fee will be spread across three fee periods and each fee period will contain at least one census day.
If a student withdraws before the census day for a course or part of a course, the student will not incur a VET student loan debt for the course or part of the course and will receive a refund for any tuition fees already paid for the course or part of the course. Please refer to Policy 10: Academic Integrity and Progress Policy and Procedure for withdrawal process.
Current VET FEE-HELP Students
Existing students will be given the opportunity to continue their studies under the existing VET FEE-HELP arrangements for units with census dates to 31 December 2017. Students currently financing their studies through a VET FEE-HELP loan will not be automatically transferred to the new VET Student Loans program. Students will need to opt-in, letting the department know they wish to continue under the current arrangements.
Students must opt-in before returning to study - that is before attending any classes or logging in to continue a course - and no later than 31 March 2017.
What do students need to do to opt-in?
Students will be sent an email or letter from the department for each course, if they have accessed a VET FEE-HELP loan. The letter will contain the information required for the student to opt-in for each course. After you receive the letter from the department please follow the steps below.
- Go to the VET FEE-HELP opt-in portal https://ecaf.education.gov.au/vfh
- Sign in using the passkey number provided from your email/letter and your Date of Birth
- Check the prefilled details and complete the form
- Press the submit button
- A confirmation email will be sent to you which will confirm the opt-in process has been accepted
- Please provide the confirmation to ACUcom either in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can continue to receive VET FEE HELP
It is important for an enrolled student to notify ACUcom of any change of contact details. For further information about VET Student Loans please visit www.studyassist.gov.au.
For any further information about fees, funding and VET Student Loans please email email@example.com or contact us on 03 9230 8022.
- Book your entrance test (HLT54115 only)
- Pre-training review (Certificate IV in Education support and Pathway to Education)
- Apply for a course
- Application for RPL or CT
- Early Childhood
- Cert III in Aged Care
- Cert in Exercise Science/Cert III in Fitness (instructor)
- First Aid and CPR (Ballarat)
- First Aid and CPR (Melbourne)