Introduction to Nursing (Pathway)
Pathway to Diploma of Nursing
Key features of the course
- Course includes all the units in 22237VIC Certificate II in General Education for Adults and two units from the Diploma of Nursing
- The course covers a range of interesting topics including:
- Producing a learning plan and portfolio
- Reading a range of complex texts
- Writing a range of complex texts
- Numeracy skills
- First aid
- Small classes in modern classrooms
- Supportive and well qualified teachers with extensive experience in the numeracy and literacy field
- Access to student activities in a University environment
- Access to academic skills support and career advice
- Those who want to improve their language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Those who want to study Diploma of Nursing and need some help with their numeracy and literacy skills.
- Those who are looking for entry level roles in various environments or continue further studies.
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills at an appropriate level to complete the course.
- Students can work in entry level roles in a wide range of areas such as: administration, community services, corporate offices and educational institutes.
- Upon successful completion of the course and meeting entry requirements of the Diploma of Nursing can proceed to studying Diploma of Nursing.
We recognise your past studies and experiences. If you want to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT) please refer to the student handbook and RPL/CT Policy on our website for further information.
VU21353 Research pathways and produce a learning plan and portfolio
VU21354 Implement and review a project
VU21355 Engage with a range of complex texts for personal purposes
VU21356 Engage with a range of complex texts for learning purposes
VU21359 Create a range of complex texts for personal purposes
VU21360 Create a range of complex texts for learning purposes
VU21363 Investigate and interpret shapes and measurements and related formulae in a range of contexts
VU21364 Investigate numerical and statistical information in a range of contexts
VU21361 Create a range of complex texts to participate in the workplace
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTWHS300A Contribute to WHS process
Tuition fees and funding
In Victoria the training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding for eligible candidates. Please refer to the Department of Education & Training website for funding eligibility in Victoria.
Applications direct to ACUcom
Application for this course is made directly to ACUcom and not through VTAC. Please contact the office at email@example.com for more details.
Please note: you will be required to complete a pre-training review before the enrolment.