First Aid and CPR
Course codes: HLTAID003, HLTAID004 (First Aid) and HLTAID001 (CPR)
Key features of the course
- Based on current best practice
- Provides the knowledge and skills to confidently recognise and respond effectively and safely to an emergency situation requiring first aid
- Provides confidence in administering a first aid response until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
- Instruction on how to respond to a first aid situation, life support, management of casualty(ies), the incident and other first aiders.
- The course meets the minimum requirement by Workplace Health & Safety Legislation for a workplace First Aider
- CPR component focuses on responding to an emergency situation, performing CPR procedures and communicating details of the incident
- Supportive and well qualified trainers with extensive experience in First Aid and CPR
- Anyone wishing to gain a First Aid and/or CPR qualification for the first time
- Anyone wishing to renew their First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Students or employees who require a First Aid and/or CPR qualification to meet study/work requirements
- Corporate organisations, schools or other businesses who require in-house First Aid/CPR training
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills at an appropriate level to complete the course successfully
- It is a requirement of this course that you are physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on a CPR manikin placed on the floor
- Minimum age for participants is 14 years
Possible career paths include:
- Workplace First Aider
- First aider for community organisations
We recognise past studies and experiences. You must apply for RPL or Credit Transfer before you commence the course. Please refer to student handbook and RPL/CT Policy on our website for further details.
Units of study
HLTAID003 First Aid
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Tuition fees and funding
The training is delivered fee for service. Please refer to our fees page for details.
Applications direct to ACUcom
Application for this course is made directly to ACUcom and not through VTAC/QTAC. Please contact the office at email@example.com (for all campuses) for further information.