Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Course code: CHC30113
Key features of the course
- Range of interesting topics includes:
- Child development and learning
- Caring for babies
- Supporting children’s play
- Developing cooperative behaviour
- Supportive and well qualified teachers with extensive experience in the early childhood field
- Practical placement in an early childhood centre providing hands on experience working with children
- Use of modern equipment and resources at ACU
- Access to student activities in a University environment
- Access to academic skills support and career advice
- Pathway to Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
12 months equivalent to full time
Combination of face to face classes with practical placements and online assessments
Melbourne Campus (Fitzroy)
Brisbane Campus (Banyo)
February each year
- Those who are passionate about working with children
- Those that are looking for entry level roles in home, child care and school based environments
- Those who want a career in early childhood
- Those who want to make a difference to the development of children
- Those who are looking for a pathway to Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills at an appropriate level to complete the course.
- Current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Possible career paths include:
- Early Childhood Educator
- Preschool/Kindergarten Assistant
- Playgroup Supervisor
- Family Day Care Worker
- Nanny in a home setting
- Recreation/leisure services assistant
We recognise your past studies and experiences. If you want to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT) please refer to the student handbook and RPL/CT Policy on our website for further information.
CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
CHCECE003 Provide care for children
CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
Tuition fees and funding
In Victoria the training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding for eligible candidates. Please refer to the Department of Education & Training website for funding eligibility in Victoria.
In Brisbane the training is delivered fee for service. Please refer to our fees page for details.
Applications direct to ACUcom
Application for this course is made directly to ACUcom and not through VTAC/QTAC. Please contact the office at email@example.com (for Melbourne Campus) and firstname.lastname@example.org (for Brisbane Campus) for more details.
Please note: you will be required to complete a pre-training review before the course commencement.