Australian Catholic University is a publicly funded university with seven campuses around Australia. We welcome staff and students of all beliefs and backgrounds.
Certificate III in Education Support
Course description (Teacher Aide)
This part time course aims to build the necessary skills, knowledge and confidence to enable participants to work competently with students in a school environment, and to contribute meaningfully to an educational workplace.
The course has fourteen units, totalling approximately 500 hours of study. Students attend the University one day per week. Classes are not conducted in school holidays. In order to complete the course students will be required to trial activities and complete tasks in the school in which they are volunteering or working.
Course content overview
- Contribute to OHS processes
- Support behaviour of children and young people
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- Contribute to student information in all developmental domains
- Work with diversity in the education environment
- Communicate with students
- Work effectively in an education team
- Comply with school administrative requirements
- Apply first aid
- Support the development of reading skills
- Support the development of writing skills
- Support the development of numeracy skills
- Support students with additional needs in the classroom
- Facilitate implementation of planned educational programs
The next course will be starting on July 19th 2012. Please call 9953 3321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information.