Program for Nurse Immunisers
The Program for Nurse Immunisers (PNI) is offered by the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine (Qld) at ACU. This program prepares Registered Nurses for the role of Immunisation Practice Nurse in Queensland, an advanced role legislated under the Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulations. Semi-independent practice is authorised under the Queensland Health Drug Therapy Protocol with role responsibilities specified by an organisation’s Health Management Protocol, to ensure safety of both the public and the nurse.
This program is offered twice a year commencing in March and July. Registered Nurses wishing to become Nurse Immunisers must successfully complete all the components of the program. Completion of this program may provide recognition of prior learning (RPL) in other Australian states; RPL of other courses is available for this program.
The program includes both theoretical and clinical components:
Theory: Content is delivered in flexible online mode. Program includes 150 hours of focused learning with a final on-campus written examination (2 hours) to ensure individual students have attained the necessary theoretical knowledge.
Clinical: Students are required to undertake 10 hours of clinical practice at a suitable venue.
Upon satisfactory completion of theory and clinical components of the program, students will receive a statement of completion and transcript which are used as evidence of qualification as a Nurse Immuniser to employers. The program should be completed within a six month period from commencement.
Prerequisite course requirements
- Students must provide proof of current registration as a Nurse
- Students must provide a current CPR competency
- Students must have reliable internet access and an active email address
- Students must have moderate computer literacy skills for accessing and using the online program.
Note: Students must maintain currency of certifications for full course duration and future practice.
- The full program cost is $1,200.00 (incl. GST). Payments must be made online by credit card/debit card payment only.
- A cancellation fee* of $220.00 (incl. GST) will apply to any registration cancelled before the program commences.
- Cancellations will only be accepted up to 14 days prior to program commencement.
- Withdrawal from the Program during the first two weeks will incur an administrative fee* of $220.00 (incl. GST) to cover associated costs. Withdrawal after the first two weeks is not eligible for a refund.
- Where withdrawal for valid medical /personal reason is approved (up to 8 weeks after program commencement), a further administrative fee* of $220.00 ($440.00 total fee*) will be incurred.
* Fees relate to academic and administrative costs incurred by the School.
Administration of the program
Course Coordinator – Sandra Miles
Enrolment and Administration managed by the School Office.
For further information or to receive a prospectus, please email PNI.QLD@acu.edu.au