Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Course code: CHC50113
Key features of the course
- Range of interesting topics includes:
- Child development and learning
- Planning educational programs to suit individual needs
- Leading a team in an early childhood environment
- Supportive and well qualified teachers with extensive experience in the early childhood field
- Practical placement in an early childhood centre providing hands on experience working with children
- Use of modern equipment and resources at ACU
- Access to student activities in a University environment
- Access to academic skills support and career advice
- Those who are passionate about working with children and are looking for career advancement in Early Childhood
- Those who are looking for the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education at ACU
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills at an appropriate level to complete the course.
- Current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Possible career paths include:
- Crèche Childhood Worker
- Early Childhood Educator
- Early Childhood Education Team Leader
- Family Day Care Worker
- Care Co-ordinator
- Supervisor of an occasional care facility
- Director of Early Childhood centre
We recognise your past studies and experiences. If you want to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT) please refer to the student handbook and RPL/CT Policy on our website for further information.
CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
CHCECE003 Provide care for children
CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children
CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care services
CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
CHCECE022 Promote children’s agency
CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning
CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development
CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Tuition fees and funding
In Victoria the training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding for eligible candidates. Please refer to the Department of Education & Training website for funding eligibility in Victoria.
VET Student Loans are available for eligible students. For eligibility criteria please refer to our fees page. VET Student Loan (VSL) gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid.
In Brisbane the training is delivered fee for service. Please refer to our fees page for details.
Applications direct to ACUcom
Application for this course is made directly to ACUcom and not through VTAC/QTAC. Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org (for Melbourne Campus) and email@example.com (for Brisbane Campus) for more details.
Please note: you will be required to complete a pre-training review before the course commencement.