Australian Catholic University is a publicly funded university with six campuses around Australia. We welcome staff and students of all beliefs and backgrounds.
Unit Descriptions (A-Z listing) Courses
- GEND100 Gender in Society
- GEND101 Introduction to Feminism
- GEND200 Bodies and Feelings
- GEND201 Gender and the Media
- GEND202 Topics in Gender Studies
- GEOG100 Foundations of Physical Geography
- GEOG101 Human Geographies of Globalisation
- GEOG200 Geographies of Development in SE Asia
- GEOG202 Coastal Environments
- GEOG300 Natural Hazards
- GEOG301 Individual Reading and Research Unit
- GEOG304 Land Evaluation
- GEOG305 Urban Geography
- GLST200 Global Health
- GLST201 Global Change and Development
Find a course
Browse courses by the course type and subject area
8 week program
An overall IELTS score which meets the entry score for the intended study at ACU, with one band only below the entry score by no less than 0.5.
IELTS Test Preparation aims to prepare students to take the Academic Module of the IELTS Test or ACU English Test. It focuses on giving students a clear understanding of the IELTS Test and the skills and strategies they need to be successful. The course is organised around a series of topics that match those commonly found in the IELTS Test, such as technology, society and the environment. Students in IELTS Test Preparation will develop:
- Confidence and fluency to communicate on a wide variety of topics;
- The ability to quickly and accurately explain information and express opinions;
- Listening skills to cope with a range of situations;
- The skills needed to quickly read and comprehend complex articles.
Students successfully completing the 12-week IELTS Test Preparation program are expected to improve their overall IELTS level by at least 0.5 bands. Students from the IELTS Test Preparation program can sit the ACU English Test at the end of the course.