LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking site. It is used as a networking tool to connect with colleagues, clients and other business contacts.
Our domestic ACU LinkedIn account is located at www.acu.edu.au/linkedin.
Individual LinkedIn accounts
These refer to the accounts individuals design to display their work experience, education history, skills and expertise.
LinkedIn groups act as professional forums/conversations where members can communicate and access information. Every group has an owner, manager and/or moderator.
LinkedIn Company Pages are used by individuals to:
- explore company information and receive industry news
- research products/services and learn about job opportunities.
LinkedIn Company Pages are used by companies to:
- highlight products/services
- engage with followers
- share career opportunities.
Creating a group
All LinkedIn groups should be developed underneath the domestic ACU account. The Digital Strategy team within Marketing and Communications is responsible for creating a group and assigning users as managers. Requests should be sent to email@example.com. Users and managers must have their own personal LinkedIn profile to join/manage a group.
Managers will only be able to access/edit the groups they are assigned to.
Managers/moderators should regularly browse through group communication and delete inappropriate content or flag content to follow-up.
Managers/moderators of each group are responsible for inviting and approving requests to join the group.
Start a discussion/share information – this is similar to making a post or status update in Facebook.
- A minimum of one discussion per week.
- A maximum of five discussions per week.
Polls – conducting a poll and supplying up to five answer choices.
- A minimum of one poll per week.
Announcements – similar to sending group emails.
- A maximum of three announcements per week.
Invitations – these can be made to LinkedIn members and those not currently on LinkedIn.
- Prospective members should be invited no more than three times, and no more than once per week.