Strategic Plan 2015-2020
Message from the Vice-Chancellor
It is with great pleasure that I introduce the ACU Strategic Plan 2015-2020: Strength to Strength.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) has developed and grown substantially over the last five years and its strategic positioning has now entered a new phase. ACU has transitioned from a University striving towards ambitious targets to one that is comprehensively embedding excellence.
The University is ambitious in achieving its goals and vision whilst at the same time is clear about its Catholic Identity and Mission. The University continues a legacy that spans over 2,000 years of the Catholic intellectual tradition’s engagement in faith and reason. The ACU Strategic Plan 2015-2020 will ensure we continue to work together towards these shared goals.
I look forward to working with the ACU community and our stakeholders to achieve these goals through the next phase of the University’s development.
Professor Greg Craven
By 2020, our aim is for ACU to be recognised as:
- One of the most significant Catholic universities in the world.
- A vital feature of the Australian university landscape.
- A world-leading university in its areas of research specialisation.
- Having a culture of research excellence aligned to its Identity and Mission.
- An established university with over 30,000 students.
- Delivering quality programs with an innovative and distinctive learning and teaching experience within the Catholic intellectual tradition.
- Achieving excellent student satisfaction and graduate outcomes.
- Being at the forefront in improving the access and outcomes of equity groups.
- A university of service and a leading institution in the area of community engagement.
- Having a culture of performance and service excellence.