The Standards and Compliance Committee is responsible for ensuring that the University has a risk and standards based approach to quality assurance. The committee is responsible for ensuring the learning, teaching and Higher Degree by Research (HDR) associated activities meet the requirements of external regulatory and quality assessments, as well as sector best practice.
Terms of Reference
- To oversee the successful implementation of the recommendations arisen from the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) renewal of registration audit;
- To review and assure that the University continues to meet the requirements of the Higher Education Standards Framework1 and all other regulatory compliance requirements;
- To develop, improve and maintain a coherent quality assurance approach across all levels of the University;
- To consider student performance data (including success, retention, completion, learning outcomes, student feedback and graduate destinations) and provide recommendations for improvement initiatives;
- To develop and implement appropriate performance benchmarking guidelines and projects;
- To oversee benchmarking across the University and compliance with Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) requirements;
- To ensure equivalence in standards and compliance across campuses and between faculties; and
- To provide regular reports to the Academic Board.
The committee will be constituted by:
- Chair of Committee – to be appointed by the Chair of Academic Board.
- Deputy Provost;
- Academic Registrar or nominee;
- Chair of Academic Board;
- Chair of Courses and Academic Quality Committee;
- Dean of Research;
- Senior academic staff member from each Faculty as nominated by the Executive Deans;
- Director of Learning and Teaching Centre;
- Director, Office of Student Success;
- Director of ACUCom;
- Executive Director, International (or nominee);
- Nominee from the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate; and
- Director of Planning and Strategic Management.
The Committee may co-opt additional members as required.
Manager, Planning and Quality (Office of Planning and Strategic Management).
A quorum will be 8 members including the Chair.
Schedule of Meetings
Minimum of 5 times a year and as required.
The Committee may form sub-committees or working parties to assist it in its work. If such committees are formed, Academic Board needs to be informed.
The Committee has the power to approve motions by flying minute.