- Vice-Chancellor (Chairperson)
- Provost (Deputy Chairperson)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- Executive Deans or nominee on the agreement of the Chairperson
- A Professor from another University whose scholarship is recognised internationally
- A person from the Senate and external to the University on the recommendation of the Vice-Chancellor
- A person who holds a substantive position at Level E, elected by and from the Academic Board
In addition, the Committee may, at its discretion, include another Professor from a relevant discipline in a Committee meeting, by invitation.
Quorum: 8 members, including the Chairperson or Deputy Chairperson, and the Executive Dean of the Faculty for any applicant under consideration.
Terms of Reference
To consider applications for promotion to Professor (Level E) and make recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor.
The Committee reviews the Policy and Procedures annually, and amendments are recommended to the Vice-Chancellor for approval. The last review was in 2013.
- Date of Establishment:
- 31 May 2001 (Senate Resolution 49/2001 refers)
- Meeting Frequency:
- Normally three times per year
- Responsible Officer:
- Executive Officer:
- Executive Officer, Secretariat