Ceremonial and Protocols Committee
- Academic Registrar
- Director, Marketing and External Relations
- Executive Dean, normally for a term of two years, in turn
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) (Chair)
- Student representative nominated by the ACU National Student Association
- Two academic staff members, for a two-year term, appointed in turn by the Faculties other than that currently represented by the Executive Dean
- Two external members of Senate
Experts are consulted to brief the Committee as appropriate.
- Date of Establishment:
- 20 August 1999
- Meeting Frequency:
- As deemed necessary
- Responsible Officer:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
- Executive Officer:
- Administrative Officer, Secretariat
Terms of ReferencePeriodically, to review academic dress for the University, including Senate gowns, graduation gowns, hoods and stoles; periodically to review regulations governing the form and occasion for the wearing of academic and other dress; to provide advice on the form of graduation ceremonies and other relevant public occasions; to advise on protocols for ceremonial occasions; and to consider matters in relation to Honorary Titles.
The Committee reviews its procedures as it deems necessary. The Committee last reviewed its Terms of Reference and membership in May 2010.