The Courses and Academic Quality Committee is responsible for overseeing the quality and standards of all new courses, revisions and reviews of existing courses.
Terms of Reference
- To consider proposals for new courses to be offered at Australian Catholic University
- To monitor academic standards relevant to all courses offered at the University
- To oversee the implementation of the quality assurance processes for all aspects of teaching and learning within the University
- To propose guidelines for and monitor course reviews and revisions conducted by the Faculties
- Deputy Chair of Academic Board (Chair)
- Chair, Academic Board or nominee
- Executive Deans or nominees*
- One academic staff member from each faculty nominated by the Executive Deans
- Elected student representative
- Executive Director, ACU International or nominee
- Director, Identity and Mission or nominee
- Academic Registrar or nominee
- Director, Learning and Teaching Centre
- Director, First Peoples and Equity Pathways or nominee
Representatives will be appointed for two years, except for the student representative who will be appointed for a term of one year. Only half the elected representatives or nominees should be changed in any one year to allow continuity.
*The Executive Dean of Theology and Philosophy or her nominee will have particular responsibility for advice and quality assurance of all matters related to University Core Curriculum.
Schedule of Meetings
Minimum of 6 times a year and as required
The Committee may form sub-committees or working parties to assist it in its work. If such committees are formed, Academic Board needs to be informed.
The Committee has the power to approve motions by flying minute.
Approved: Courses and Academic Quality Committee 23/10/2013
Approved: Academic Board 4/12/2013