Terms of Reference
The Standing and Finance Committee shall, subject to the direction and control of Senate, exercise the following functions:
- Following discussion between the Chair of the Committee, the Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor, exercise during intervals between meetings of Senate a standing delegation to deal with urgent issues;
- Advise Senate:
- on long term institutional planning matters;
- in relation to planning, design and contract matters associated with major capital projects;
- on financial and related policies, annual budgets, budget performance and the preparation annual accounts;
- on the use of University reserves, commercial ventures, investments and investment policies in respect of the funds of the University; and
- on industrial policies
- Review and make recommendations on Standing Orders for operation of Senate;
- On referral by Senate, review any legislation from time to time;
- On referral by Senate, provide an opinion on the interpretation of any legislation;
- Consider reports of other committees of Senate and, at its discretion, provide additional advice in connection therewith; and
- Consider and report to Senate on any other matter referred to it by Senate.
- Pro-Chancellor (Chair);
- Vice-Chancellor and President (ex-officio);
- Four members of Senate appointed under Clauses 13.2 (f) and 13.2(g) of the Constitution for Australian Catholic University Limited (external members), not less than one from each State or Territory;
- The Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee; and
- One academic staff member of Senate elected under Clause 13.2(h) of the Constitution.
The Committee reviews its procedures as it deems necessary and recommends accordingly to Senate.
Date of Establishment: 31/3/1999 (Senate Resolution 99/12 refers)
Meeting Frequency: 6 times per year
Responsible Officer: Company Secretary
Executive Officer: Governance Officer, Directorate of Governance