Terms of Reference
The Committee shall, subject to the direction and control of Senate, exercise the following functions:
- Periodically review rules governing circumstances for the awarding of honorary degrees and other public awards of the University; and
- Invite and consider proposals for the awarding of honorary degrees and other public awards and make recommendations to Senate in relation to such proposals.
- Chancellor (Chair);
- Vice-Chancellor and President (ex-officio);
- Chair of the Academic Board;
- one member of Senate appointed under Clause 13.2(f) of the Constitution (external member);
- one member of Senate appointed under Clause 13.2(g) of the Constitution (external member); and
- one Academic Staff member of Senate elected under Clause 13.2(h) of the Constitution.
- The Hon John Fahey AC
- Professor Greg Craven
- Professor Margot Hillel OAM
- The Hon Justice James Douglas
- Professor Karen Flowers
- Ms Margaret Vider
The Committee reviews its procedures as it deems necessary and recommends accordingly to Senate.
Date of Establishment: 31/3/1999 (Senate Resolution 99/18 refers)
Meeting Frequency: Annually
Responsible Officer: Company Secretary
Executive Officer: Governance Officer, Directorate of Governance