Whether you are a parent of a child who needs some extra help, a high school student struggling to understand content or an ACU student who needs to get on top of a subject - our ACU students are available to assist.
ACU students can tutor many subjects at all year levels throughout Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney.
Find an ACU student as a tutor
You can place a free advertisement on ACU CareerHub, our online job system.
Once you are registered and logged in, you can 'Add a job'. Under Categories Select 'Private Tutoring'. Provide as much information as possible so the right candidates apply. Indicate what subject/s you need tutoring in, how often you require tutoring and for how long.
The minimum tutoring pay rates recommended by the Student Employment Officers' Association of Victoria (which represents all Universities and TAFE institutes) are:
- Primary and Secondary up to Year 10 (tutored by undergraduate) - $22 per hour
- VCE (Year 11 and Year 12) - $25 per hour
- Tertiary (tutored by undergraduate) - $30 per hour
- Postgraduate students may charge an extra $5 per hour - negotiable
- Tutoring two students may be charged at time and a half - negotiable
- Tutoring three students may be charged at double time - negotiable
ACU Careers Advisers will check your advertisement and once approved, your job will be advertised on ACU CareerHub.
Students will contact you directly about the position.