ACU enjoys an impressive list of accolades and achievements. Our exceptional staff, students and researchers have an outstanding reputation, and are recognised for their significant contributions to the local and international community.
Together, we achieve great things.
Top 5% ranking of all universities worldwide
Tier One for Global EMBA and Australian MBA rankings
94% of ACU research is at or above world standard
Equal first for five fields of research in Australia
Rank among the top 5 universities in Australia for skills development
Ranked in the top 10 nationally for learner engagement
ACU ranks among the top universities in the world.
- The University is ranked in the top 5% of all universities worldwide.1
- We’re recognised as one of the world’s top young universities, included in the top 50 of Generation Y and being ranked 101 – 150 globally.2
- We’re one of the most significant Catholic universities in the world, being ranked in the top 12 among Catholic universities globally.3
- We rank 36 in the world for theology, divinity and religious studies.4
- We rank 43 in sport science globally. Within Australia, ACU holds a joint sixth position. 5
- Ranked 251 – 300 in the world for education. 4
- ACU received a Tier One for Global EMBA and Australian MBA rankings. 6
Our institutes, centres and faculties boast internationally-renowned scholars, and produce world-class research.
- 94% of ACU research is at or above world standard.7
- ACU ranks equal first for five fields of research in Australia:7
- human movement and sports science
- public health and health services
- religion and religious studies
Why do we rank so highly?Explore the work of our research institutes and centres.
- Cognition and Emotion Research Centre
- Institute for Positive Psychology and Education
- Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research
- Learning Sciences Institute Australia
- Institute for Religion and Critical Inquiry
- Institute for Health and Ageing
- Institute for Social Justice
- Institute for Religion, Politics and Society
- Centre for Disability and Development Research
- Centre for Health and Social Research
- Centre for Sustainable HRM and Wellbeing
At ACU, we understand the importance of teaching excellence.
- We rank among the top five universities in Australia for skills development. ACU courses provide the knowledge, skills and professional experience to enable graduates to succeed.8
- ACU is ranked in the top 10 nationally for learner engagement. Our students feel engaged and supported by their teaching staff, peers and community.8
ACU graduates are highly regarded in the workforce, and it shows.
- The quality of ACU’s graduates is recognised by employers, and the employment rate of our bachelor degree graduates is consistently higher than the national average. 9
1 Percentage calculated as ACU’s Times Higher Education (THE) 2016/2017 world rank as a proportion of the total number of universities in the world (International Handbook of Universities 2017, Palgrave MacMillan).
2 Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings 2017
3 Based on International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU) members ranked on Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2016/2017
4 QS Rankings by Subject 2017
5 Academic Ranking of World University (ARWU), Special Focus Institution Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments 2016
6 CEO Magazine’s 2015 MBA Rankings
7 Four-digit FoRs, Excellent in Research for Australia (ERA) 2015 rankings
8 Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching’s (QILT’s) 2015-2016 Student Experience Survey (SES)
9 Graduate Outcomes Survey (GOS) 2016, administered by The Social Research Centre and Beyond Graduation Survey (BGS) 2015, 2014 and 2013, conducted by Graduate Careers Australia as part of the Australian Graduate Survey (AGS)