Planning to visit our Melbourne Campus on Sunday for Open Day? Bring along your questions about what's involved in studying at ACU.
ACU Open Day events are happening at a campus near you. With upcoming events in Melbourne, Canberra, Ballarat and Sydney, there are lots of opportunities to find out what you can study at ACU and what’s involved.
Open Day gives you the chance to talk lecturers, tutors and current students about courses. The main aim should be to work out if it is something you want to spend the next three or four years doing and if it will set you up for the future. Here are 16 questions you should ask:
- What does the course cover?
- How many hours a week will I get face-to-face teaching?
- What assessment methods are used?
- What’s the split between lectures, tutorials and self-directed study?
- What size are tutorial groups?
- What deadlines will I have to meet?
- How are the marks split between assignments and exams?
- If I am stuck with an assignment, who can I go to for help?
- How much use is made of information technology in teaching and learning?
- How does the subject at ACU compare with the way it is taught at other unis?
- What links does the faculty have with employers?
- Do you build employability skills into the curriculum?
- Are there opportunities for work experience and placements?
- Do you help find the placements and are they paid?
- Is study abroad an option and would it count towards the degree?
- What kind of jobs do graduates go into?
Studying for a degree is a huge commitment of time and money so knowing what it can offer you in the long term is important. Open Day is the perfect place to find out that vital info!
To plan Open Day and to discover more about courses, student life, accommodation and international study opportunities, visit openday.acu.edu.au.
Download the ACU Open Day app from the App Store or Google Play, and join the conversation on social media on Facebook www.facebook.com/Australian.Catholic.University, @ACUMedia on Twitter, @acuimages https://www.instagram.com/acuimages on Twitter, and using #ACUOpenDay.
Upcoming Open Days
Melbourne: Sunday 14 August, 10am-4pm
Canberra: Saturday 27 August, 9am-4pm
Ballarat: Sunday 28 August, 10.30am-3pm
North Sydney: Saturday 3 September, 8.30am-2.30pm
Strathfield: Saturday 10 September, 8.30am-2.30pm
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1096321