Australian Catholic University (ACU) will hold a third meeting for residents to discuss a development plan for the Strathfield Campus.
The University has reviewed the long-term function of its NSW campuses and identified the need to expand the Strathfield Campus to accommodate new teaching and learning spaces.
A Concept Plan was prepared to guide the new development – and accommodate an estimated 30 per cent increase in student numbers over the next five to 10 years, while improving parking and traffic conditions and promoting the heritage significance of existing buildings.
Key features of the plan include:
- Three new development precincts to provide new library and education buildings – at a height and floor space appropriate to the existing built form and character of the locality.
- New underground parking area in the north west of the campus and two basement parking areas with a total minimum of 674 spaces – a 100 per cent increase.
- Consolidation of main site access and egress into four gates along Barker Road, and establishment of a new internal circulation area to reduce impacts to traffic flow and parking along Barker Road.
- The ACU shuttle bus service, which had two buses running every 10 minutes during peak periods in 2011, will increase to three buses every 10 minutes during peak periods from 2012.
- Upgrade to the landscape and public domain of the campus to include new pedestrian paths, public open space and landscape improvements.
In August last year, 220 properties surrounding the Strathfield Campus were letter-box-dropped about the proposed development, and residents invited to the two community consultation sessions to review the plans in full.
A third community consultation session will now be held on:
Thursday February 23 at 7pm
Murray Hall, ACU Strathfield Campus
25A Barker Road
Strathfield NSW 2135
The Concept Plan will be advertised by the Department of Planning and Infrastructure until 29th February 2012, providing an opportunity for formal comment. Comments can be made using the online response form or via a written response to the Department of Planning and Infrastructure and can be viewed in full at the following locations:
NSW Department of Planning and Infrastructure website
Department of Planning and Infrastructure Information Centre
23-33 Bridge Street, Sydney
Strathfield Municipal Council Customer Service Centre
65 Homebush Road, Strathfield
Written submissions can also be addressed to the following:
Mr Mark Brown
NSW Department of Planning
GPO Box 39
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/406232