SUPPORTING ENTERPRISE AND INNOVATION
What is ACU Collaborate Plus?
ACU Collaborate Plus is a collaboration between Australian Catholic University and emerging small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to share resources, knowledge, research and expertise. The mission of ACU Collaborate Plus is to connect ACU and national companies with New South Wales based SMEs in successful joint ventures through a targeted array of business services, state-of-the-art facilities, and world-class resources.
How does ACU Collaborate Plus work?
ACU Collaborate Plus will provide project support incentives for collaborative start up including advice on business plans, compliance and regulations, financial management, marketing programs, insurance and legal structures and risk assessments through innovation mentors, academic and business partners.
The project will facilitate technical collaboration with participants and existing ACU research institutes to access experts via invitations to seminar and workshops, personal engagement and access to relevant publications.
Emerging New South Wales based SMEs will be able to benefit from resourcing student projects such as market research. Facilities and support will be available to participants to develop fledgling businesses through access to world-class faculty staff, students and research facilities
Further, it is envisaged that similar spaces be built as an aspect of the ACU Learning and Community Hubs currently under development throughout Western Sydney with strategic industry partners. The possibility of a university presence which provides collaborative space for work with industry partners to mentor the development of new products and processes as well as individual and group study opportunities is an important contribution.
The project will establish multidisciplinary collaborative spaces in North Sydney and Strathfield to facilitate sustainable partnerships with not-for-profit and for profit organisations. The purpose of the spaces is to:
- support and strengthen local networks of entrepreneurs, SMEs and industry
- enhance innovation in product and process development
- assist in developing suitable organisational practices through access to research and disciplinary expertise
- provide access to resources through work-integrated learning opportunities for SMEs, Businesses, undergraduates and postgraduates in the key areas of Information Technology and Systems, Visual Arts and Design, Law, Technology (Industrial, Wood, Metal, Textiles); Business (HR, Marketing, Administration, Events, Accounting), Health Sciences (including clinic services), Leadership and Management, and Innovative Education.
Register your interest
ACU Collaborate Plus is currently engaging with interested parties as it develops and grows. Below is the opportunity to register your details if you are interested in being involved in the project, or in staying informed. We welcome interest from everybody, including:
- Start-up businesses
- Existing SMEs looking to scale up
- Those interested in becoming pro bono business mentors
- Anybody else who may have an interest
This program is proudly supported by the NSW Department of Industry.