Community engagement is a key part of a student's education at Australian Catholic University (ACU) through the core curriculum.
This gives students the opportunity to:
- widen their horizons
- gain new skills and experiences
- improve their resume
- make a difference in the wider community.
To get a better idea of what we do, have a look at:
- Institute for Advancing Community Engagement (IACE)
- the flexible community engagement opportunities available to students this year
- our community engagement projects
- current students and alumni
To learn more about what we mean by community engagement, have a look at our Mission, values and principles page.
Some people confuse the terms "community engagement" and "community service" but there is a big difference. Our aim isn't just to help others in the short term but to work with and listen to communities to forge long-term solutions and relationships.