- Poems must be in English and be the original work of entrants.
- Poems must be unpublished (including on any website or blog), must not have won any other competition, and must not be under consideration by any publisher, literary journal or for any other prize for the duration of the competition.
- Entrants must be 18 yrs or over, citizens or permanent residents of Australia. Any international student currently studying at an Australian university may also apply.
- ACU staff members (except the panel of judges) and ACU students are eligible to enter.
- Entrants’ names must not appear on any page of the work, but only on the entry form.
- Each poem must be accompanied by an entry form and entry fee. The form must be complete. Multiple entries are permitted. Separate entry forms are required for each entry. Multiple entries may be paid for with one cheque, money order or credit card transaction.
- Entrants must sign the declaration to be eligible.
- Poems should be typed on A4 single-sided paper. Pages should be numbered and the title of the poem should appear on each page.
- Each poem must not exceed 80 lines.
- Three printed copies of each poem, together with one electronic copy in the form of a USB must be submitted. Entries will not be returned.
- The opening date for entries is Monday 3RD April 2017 and the closing date for entries is Monday 3RD July 2017. Entries must be postmarked on or before Monday 3RD July 2017 and be complete with entry form, correct copies of poems, electronic copy of poem, and completed payment form to be eligible for entry.
- Entries will only be accepted via post, and will not be accepted by email or fax.
- If entrants withdraw their entry, the entry fee will not be refunded. Incomplete entries will not be processed.
- The judges reserve the right not to award the Prize.
- ACU reserves the right to quote extracts from poems, but not to exceed ‘fair dealing’ provisions of the Copyright Act, in order to promote the ACU Prize for Literature. This is separate from the licence you grant to ACU to print winning and commended poems in full on the ACU website, in ACU magazines and publications, and other promotional materials. Copyright will remain with the author.
- The winning, commended and shortlisted poems will be announced 31ST August 2017. Results will be published on the ACU website and may be published in external publications including newspapers, magazines etc. The winning and commended works will be displayed at the awards ceremony which will be held in Melbourne on the 31ST August 2017.
- Shortlisted entrants will be notified by email.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence about the result will be entered into.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/623284
Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Instagram Follow on Youtube Follow on GooglePlus Follow on LinkedIn