The ‘Zillmere PCYC 3-on-3 Basketball Project’ was established after a working group was formed in response to concerns about safety and anti-social behaviours in O’Callaghan Park. The project’s objective is to bring together a range of communities to partner and engage with the local youth in a 3-on-3 basketball tournament and improve social cohesion.
- Equity Pathways
- Zillmere PCYC
Student position description
Assist with school engagement sessions aimed at building interest and capacity through coaching sessions during the school breaks at identified schools. ACU students would act as coaches. You will assist in the lead up to the tournament by running weekly training sessions in the four weeks prior to the event and support teams on the day. Please note: you DO NOT need basketball coaching experience.
- the set up and operation of 3-on-3 basketball sessions
- assisting in the delivery of the 3-on-3 competition
- attending planning meetings and 3-on-3 coaching sessions at ACU
- assisting with the project’s administration and welcome and finale events.
- Project introduction meeting at ACU.
- 4 x 90-minute ‘Coach the coach’ basketball sessions at ACU.
- 4 x 90-minute 3-on-3 basketball coaching sessions at target schools (7, 14, 21, and 28 March).
- 1 x 5-hour 3-on-3 coaching commitment at the event.
- Additional event organisation opportunities are available for interested students.
Current Working with Children Check.
Prior interview with Equity Pathways.
Operating dates and times
7, 14, 21, 28 March 2018, and Saturday 7 April 2018.
Please contact Jake Hardiman to express your interest. Expressions of interest are due by the end of week one of the semester at the very latest (earlier applications are preferred). Places filled up quickly last semester, so please apply as soon as possible. Acceptance will be based upon an interview and availability of places. There are four places available.
Page last updated: 2018-02-16
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1380575