An active lifestyle taster session program (four places available, 30 hours per student)
Community Living Association (CLA) Nundah, has secured funding to run a suite of healthy physical and artistic activities for women in the Nundah precinct (mainly Boyd Park) during Queensland Women's Week (3 to 11 March).
Through CLA's contacts and client list, the majority of the women attending these events will be domestic violence survivors, living with some kind of disability or mental health issue, or have had other issues, such as previously sleeping rough or experiencing specific disadvantage.
Student position description
You can choose from the following roles:
- Pre-event – event planning tasks in collaboration with community partners, such as:
- liaising with local communities to support the event
- liaising with fitness businesses and instructors regarding workshop planning
- assisting with event scheduling
- public space use applications
- risk management
- event briefing session.
- Creating community information:
- Research information about free activity locations in the local area and create an easy-to-read document for participants to take home.
- At the event:
- Event volunteer, including community greeting, set up/pack down, encouragement, and troubleshooting.
- Facilitate a workshop.
- Post event:
- Event reflections and de-brief.
A Working with Children Check is a requirement.
An interview with CLA is required before beginning placement.
Operating dates and times
Planning has started! You can get involved with pre-event roles ASAP.
Queensland Women’s Week runs from 3 to 11 March 2018.
Workshops will be 1.5 hours each, plus set up and pack up. Approximately 10 workshops will be held during the week.
Workshop times will vary across the week from 7am, 9.30am, 3.30pm or later to ensure access for women of all ages and abilities.
Apply by end of week 1, Semester 1, 2018 at the latest.
Page last updated: 2018-02-16
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1380566