The Vice-Chancellor and President’s Award for Outstanding Community Engagement honours one outstanding example of transformative national or international community engagement by the University and its partners each year.
The selected engagement will excel in creative leadership, innovation and long-term effectiveness in advancing the University’s Mission and academic endeavours in specific communities and the broader society, and will position the University as a leader in community engagement.
The award is open to staff and students from the University’s Faculties, Schools and Directorates. To be eligible a community engagement must:
- include ACU staff and/or students;
- have at least one community partner external to the University;
- be operating within the community;
- demonstrate measurable results;
- contribute to scholarship and research;
- be aligned with the University’s Mission and Profile;
- have demonstrated capacity building.
The Community Engagement Award’s Committee will evaluate nominations based on the evidence provided on the:
- nature and extent of the staff member or student's involvement in the community engagement;
- community impact and benefits of this community engagement in improving health and wellbeing, education or community capacity development in a community affected by disadvantage;
- sustained local, national and/or international partnerships that co-create knowledge with the community by sharing knowledge and expertise;
- sustained scholarship and research of this engagement;
- excellent stakeholder engagement and satisfaction;
- nature and extent of community collaboration;
- extent to which the staff member or student’s community engagement is aligned with the University’s Mission, scholarship and research;
- influence on public policy and practice nationally and/or internationally of this engagement.
- Nominations must respond to the criteria outlined in the nomination form.
- The nomination must include supporting statements, as attachments, from partner organisation(s) in this community engagement.
- The Community Engagement Award's Committee will consider nominations and make its recommendation to the Vice-Chancellor and President.
- The winner of this award may be nominated by the University for other national and international awards.
Submissions will reopen in 2018.
For further information please contact ACUEngagement@acu.edu.au.
The University reserves the right not to make an award in any given year.
Page last updated: 2018-02-16
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1373441