The Vice-Chancellor and President has established the Student Award for Outstanding Community Engagement to recognise and encourage exceptional community engagement by a student, student team or student and staff team.
The selected student recipient will be presented with the Student Award for Outstanding Community Engagement which includes $2,500.
The University will promote the community engagement activity of the successful nominee/s to the media and the community.
- All students enrolled during 2017 are eligible to nominate for the Award.
The Community Engagement Awards Committee will evaluate applications according to the following criteria on the basis of the evidence provided:
- the nature and extent of the student’s involvement in the community engagement;
- evidence of learning, reflection and growth by the student through involvement in the community engagement;
- evidence of the long-term sustainability of the community engagement;
- the extent to which the student’s engagement with the community is aligned with the University’s Mission; and
- supporting documentation of the impact on the community by the community engagement provided by relevant community organisations, including at least one written testimonial.
- Applicants must complete a nomination form and attach appropriate documentation that supports/ verifies the application.
- Applicants must include nominations by two persons, one of whom has direct knowledge of the nominee’s community engagement, and at least one of whom is an ACU staff member.
- Applications will be assessed on the basis of written submissions only.
- The Awards Committee reserves the right to seek clarification on any aspect of the application, from the applicant or either of the nominators.
- A recommendation regarding the Award recipient will be forwarded to the Vice-Chancellor and President by October 2017.
- Announcement of the Award will be made by the Vice-Chancellor and President in November 2017.
- The Award will be presented at one of the University’s Graduation Ceremonies in 2018.
Submissions will reopen in 2018.
For further information please contact ACUEngagement@acu.edu.au.
The University reserves the right not to make an award in any given year.
Page last updated: 2018-02-16
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1373511