The Vice-Chancellor and President has established the Staff Award for Outstanding Community Engagement to recognise and encourage exceptional community engagement by a member of staff, staff team or staff and student team.
The selected staff recipient will be presented with the Staff Award for Outstanding Community Engagement which includes $5,000 for use in an approved community engagement-related project.
The University will promote the community engagement activity of the successful nominee/s to the media and the community.
- All staff involved in significant University community engagement projects are eligible to nominate for the award.
- Applications from a staff team will also be considered for this award.
The Community Engagement Awards Committee will evaluate applications according to the following criteria on the basis of the evidence provided:
- the nature and extent of the staff member’s involvement in the community engagement;
- evidence of learning, reflection and growth by the staff member through involvement in the community engagement;
- evidence of the long-term sustainability of the community engagement;
- the extent to which the staff member’s engagement with the community is aligned with the University’s Mission, scholarship and research; and
- supporting documentation of the impact on the community by the community engagement provided by relevant community organisations, including at least one written testimonial for the engagement.
- Applicants must complete a nomination form and attach documentation that supports/verifies the application.
- Applicants must include nominations by two persons, one of whom has direct knowledge of the nominee’s nominated community engagement, and at least one of whom is an ACU staff member.
- Nominations will be assessed on the written submissions only.
- The Awards Committee reserves the right to seek clarification on any aspect of the nominations, from the nominee or either of the nominators.
- A recommendation regarding the Award recipient will be forwarded to the Vice-Chancellor and President in October 2017.
- Announcement of the Award will be made by the Vice-Chancellor and President in November 2017.
- The Award will be presented at one of the University’s Graduation Ceremonies in 2018.
Submissions will reopen in 2018.
For further information please contact ACUEngagement@acu.edu.au.
The University reserves the right not to make an award in any given year.
Page last updated: 2018-02-16
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1373472