Theology and Philosophy
Short Course on Jesus’ Passion, Death and Resurrection
An opportunity to explore the most important events of Christian faith in the lead-up to Lent and Easter:
- What is the meaning of the Last Supper?
- Why did Jesus suffer and die?
- What does it mean that Jesus descended into hell?
- What does the Resurrection actually mean?
The Course follows the events of the Triduum (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday), as they are reflected in the Apostles' Creed:
That Jesus "suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell; on the third day he rose again from the dead."
Explore the world of Christianity with experts from the School of Theology at ACU.
Dates and Lectures
- Monday evenings: 13, 20, 27 Feb and 6 March, 2017.
6-8pm (Refreshments from 6pm, lecture starts at 6:30pm)
Australian Catholic University, 223 Antill Street Watson ACT 2602.
- $100 for those requiring a Certificate of Attendance*
- $50 attendance only
* Information about accreditation status will be provided soon.
This course does not involve assessment and is not for university credit. It is a general introduction and is open to the public.
For more information, or to discuss alternative methods of payment, please email email@example.com.