The Nursing Research Institute (NRI) was created in 2009 and is collaboration between the Australian Catholic University (ACU) and St Vincent's Health Australia Sydney (SVHAS).
We undertake multidisciplinary clinical and health services research that is focused on improving patient outcomes and health systems with a particular emphasis on implementation science research, that is, the study of how to implement evidence based care.
- Acute & Chronic Care
- Stroke Care
- Pressure Injury Prevention
- Models of care
With 17 full time and part time research staff, the NRI offers both postgraduate students and SVHAS clinician’s opportunities to participate in our research program. NRI researchers have been awarded approximately $22 million in grants and awards and have published over 130 peer-reviewed journal articles.
Our mission & purpose
To improve patient outcomes and health service effectiveness and efficiency by:
- Bringing clinical and research expertise together to conduct rigorous multidisciplinary research that reflects national health care priorities.
- Building research capacity through training and mentoring of research students, clinicians and career researchers.
- Advising, collaborating and consulting with our academic, research, government and health industry partners.
- Providing a collegiate, supportive and high performance research culture that is attractive to the best researchers and research students.
- Director: Professor Sandy Middleton
- Deputy Director: Associate Professor Elizabeth McInnes
- Post Doctorate Research Fellow: Dr Verena Schadewaldt
- Clinical Research Fellow & T3 Trial Manager: Ms Simeon Dale
- Research Officer: Dr Cintia Martinez
- Research Officer: Dr Anoja Gunaratne
- Research Officer: Ms Rosemary Phillips
- Research Officer: Mrs Helen Hamilton
- Research Officer: Mrs Kelly Coughlan
- Research Officer: Ms Toni Sheridan
- Research Officer: Ms Natanya Hunt
- Research Officer: Ms Heilok Cheng
- Research Officer: Mr Benjamin McElduff
- Research Officer: Mrs Oyebola Masugba
- Executive Officer: Ms Patty Zenonos
- Executive Assistant: Mrs Tara Doyle / Mrs Joylynn Israel
Page last updated: 2017-05-09
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/726735