Researchers from the School of Physiotherapy and Exercise Science are investigating the use of ankle taping and hip and foot exercises for the management of shin pain.
- Accessible to the ACU Brisbane campus
- Female aged 18-40 years
- Experiencing shin pain for at least 1 month duration
- 6 weeks of free physiotherapy treatment
- Treatment consists of advice & education around load management, foot & hip exercises, rigid taping or elastic taping
- First testing session will be in our high tech biomechanics lab here on campus – full analysis of effect of taping techniques on volunteers muscle patterns, movement patterns & foot posture
- Aim of this clinical trial is (i) examine effectiveness of these interventions for reducing shin pain, (ii) understand the mechanism or ‘how’ these interventions work
This clinical trial is registered with the Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry, and has ethical approval.
To volunteer simply email email@example.com with your first name, last name and a contact phone number and we will be in touch shortly.