Occupational therapy and speech pathology services at our ACU Health Clinic (Banyo) run joint development and feeding clinics for infants and children aged birth to five years. Services include individual assessment and treatment, as well as group programs and drop-in clinics.
ACU Health Clinics are university teaching facilities that offer Allied Health services including Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Exercise Science, Psychology and Social Work. Our clinical programs are delivered by student practitioners under the supervision of professional practice educators who are all fully-qualified and experienced health professionals in their respective fields.
Our clinic has been specifically designed to provide state-of-the-art facilities for our clients receiving health services delivered in a student teaching context.
Infant clinic for babies (0–2 years)
- Developmental assessment, monitoring and therapy
- Sensory motor assessment and groups
- Group programs to stimulate language and play
- Help with progressing feeding
- Multidisciplinary assessment and interventions including physiotherapy can also be arranged
Toddler to preschool clinic (3–5 years)
- Comprehensive developmental assessment including cognitive and fine motor skills, play skills, personal/social skills, speech sounds, understanding and using language.
- Monitoring of developmental concerns
- FEED (fun eating and early development) groups for picky eaters
- Customised intervention and education for families and carers
ACU Health Clinic
8 Approach Road, Banyo 4014
Free parking is available on site
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 4:00pm
Clinics run on specific days during university semesters
Making an appointment
If you have concerns about your child’s development or feeding, or would like to learn more about enhancing your child’s development, please complete our contact form, or call reception to make an appointment.
Ph: (07) 3623 7740
Self-referrals are accepted. Referrals from GPs, health professionals, child health nurses, and other services are also accepted.
$15 per session
Page last updated: 2018-02-16
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1379440