Education and Arts
The National Centre for Teacher Quality and Leadership (NCfTQL) is committed to improving learning opportunities, wellbeing and life opportunities for all learners through the enhancement of teacher quality and leadership.
Who are we?
The Centre is a vibrant and dynamic community of professionals, academics and researchers, focussed on improving learning outcomes for all children, young people and their teachers into the future.
The Centre recognises that, as learning leaders, educators at all career stages need to be inspired, motivated and sustained if they are to realise potential, challenge thinking and creatively explore possibilities (self and others). A culture of high expectations, optimism and respect, builds professional relationships based on ethics and trust.
Led by Professor Kathryn Brennan, the Centre draws from the expertise of Australian Catholic University academics located in VIC, NSW, ACT, QLD, and SA, research institutes, international partners and the developed capabilities of highly respected educators from across the profession.
What do we do?
We aim to build teacher and leadership quality, capacity, capability and sustainability at all career stages, inspiring learning collaboration, innovation, excellence and equity. Integrating practice, policy and research through learning.
Working in partnership within and across sectors, systems, education jurisdictions and professional associations, the Centre is uniquely placed to respond to local need, is globally connected and national in perspective.
What do we offer?
- Integrated access to ACU quality teacher and leadership pathways
- Bespoke professional learning and development programs mapped and accredited against Australian Teacher and Leadership Standards and Frameworks
- An integrated approach to practice and research in the development of programs
- Consultancy services including planning for improvement education reviews and evaluations
- Facilitation of research collectives, collaborative alliances, learning conversations and hot topic dialogues focused on contemporary issues
Program enhancement for 2016
We are pleased to note that the program for 2016 is being reviewed and redeveloped to align with the contemporary needs of our clients.
We will have a bigger and better program for you very soon.
For all enquiries please email FEA.EA@acu.edu.au