ACU’s major sequence in Mathematics has been designed to provide you with a broad introduction to the study of traditional and contemporary Mathematics.
Highlights of the course include introductions to cryptography, project management, networks, mathematical modelling, and finance.
The major also covers the traditional areas required by those intending to become primary or secondary teachers, as teaching of Mathematics from K-12 is a high demand field and demand will continue to grow into the future.
As an ACU Mathematics graduate what valued skills will you possess?
Upon completion of your specialisation, you will be able to:
- Understand the language of mathematics and extract meaning from mathematical information
- State mathematical ideas precisely and use mathematics to describe the physical world
- Think clearly with attention to detail and construct logical arguments
- Formulate problems precisely and present clear, explicit solutions
Where to from ACU?
- A major in Mathematics can set you on the path to an interesting career in areas such as operations research, cryptography, finance, computing and information systems, amongst many others
- When combined with an appropriate tertiary teaching qualification, the Mathematics major is one of the exciting pathways to becoming a primary or secondary-school Maths teacher