The Bachelor of Digital Media was introduced in 2016 in order to build on ACU's recognised strengths in Media, Communications and Digital Journalism and create a cutting-edge degree that responds to the contemporary media environment.
There has never been a more exciting time to be involved in the media industry.
Media content is now a central part of everyone’s lives. It is accessible at all times and available everywhere, from mobile phones, television, radio and film, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or streamed live over the internet. With the rise in influence of new media means of production and distribution possibilities, there is now an increasing demand for all forms of media content.
The Bachelor of Digital Media at ACU is industry focused and will help you become work ready. It will equip you with a wide set of skills that will enable you to create and produce a range of exciting media content. You can study media content production at ACU as a dedicated degree in our Bachelor of Digital Media or as a major specialisation within the Bachelor of Arts.
The practical focus of our degree means that you will begin producing media from your first week on campus. You will have opportunities to develop and deliver digital video, radio, podcasts and online features and be part of our dedicated media network. These practical opportunities are supported by cutting-edge theory units that will inform and inspire your practice. These units include multi-platform storytelling, audience research and media analysis.
The third year of the course is dedicated to offering you real industry-focused experiences. Classes take place in our new media precinct, with its state-of-the-art computer lab, television and radio studios. Here you will work alongside industry and the community to make and distribute a wide range of media content. You will work as part of a team to produce broadcast television productions and live-streamed community radio programs, as well produce and manage a dedicated online production channel.
As a Digital Media student at ACU you will also have the opportunity to participate in our Professional Internship program.
As an ACU Digital Media graduate what valued skills will you possess?
Upon completion of your specialisation, you will be able to:
- Produce media content on a range of platforms including video, radio, television and online print
- Work collaboratively and independently in media production roles and be prepared to work in a range of areas within the media industries
- Undertake research, find and evaluate a range of sources of information, and identify and evaluate diverse and often conflicting accounts and interpretations
- Think critically and construct well-supported and well-reasoned arguments
Where to from ACU?
- Studying Digital Media at ACU can lead to interesting and rewarding careers in areas such as social media management; digital content production; online content coordination; communications management; digital journalism; radio and film/television production