There has never been a more exciting time to be a journalist. The Digital Journalism major at ACU will give you the skills you need to work in the industry, within an established media organisation or as an independent operator. Journalists today use social networks and internet sources as much as traditional sources of information. At ACU you will learn how to use all of these sources to find news, how to sort fact from fiction, and how to broadcast those facts to a global audience.
In today’s converged media world, journalists are expected to be as skilled with a camera, microphone and editing software as they are with a keyboard. At ACU you will be taught the technical skills required to produce print, audio and video content for online, and how to use social networks to research and publish stories and develop an ongoing relationship with your audience. Through your specialisation you will have the opportunity to explore and develop the ways that individuals, groups and societies interact via verbal, textual, audio and visual communication.
Through the Digital Journalism major, you will develop a diverse and dynamic skill set and be well-positioned to apply this across a range of news stories and styles.
As an ACU Digital Journalism graduate what valued skills will you possess?
Upon completion of your specialisation, you will be able to:
- Understand the role that journalism plays in supporting and promoting social justice and global issues
- Undertake research, find and evaluate a range of sources of information, and identify and evaluate diverse and often conflicting accounts and interpretations
- Produce print, audio and video content for online publishing and use social networks to research and publish stories
- Effectively develop an ongoing relationship with your audience
- Apply a diverse skill set across a range of news stories and styles
Where to from ACU?
- Social media management; digital content production; online content coordination; communications management; journalism; radio and film/television production
Graduates from Digital Journalism are well-positioned to work interesting and rewarding fields such as: