Education and Arts
ACU has developed a University/School partnership program with Brisbane Catholic Education to offer a pathway into an elite Master of Teaching (Secondary) (Professional Practice). This pathway is available to students who commenced the Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary) in 2014.
Aimed at students who aspire to a teacher leadership role, this distinctive Master's program has a number of key benefits:
- Immersion in a specific school, including possible paid employment.
- Working alongside University Clinical Specialists to develop research based solutions to an issue facing the school community.
- Access to a network of Supervising Teacher Mentors to support induction to the profession.
- Learning how to connect literacy and numeracy to curriculum.
- Using assessment information to improve student learning and achievement.
Upon completion of the Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary) students will be eligible to apply for this program. Successful applicants will be those with a minimum credit average and demonstrated quality performance in professional experience placements.
Students in the Master's program will be eligible to apply for employment in Brisbane Catholic Education schools. Successful applicants would be employed in the school up to four days a week, and would be allocated time to complete their studies.*
Brisbane Catholic Education is particularly interested in students with qualifications in:
- Religious Education
- Mathematics B
- Mathematics C
*Dependent upon availability of positions within schools, and affected by subject teaching areas.