Doug Clarke and Anne Roche enjoy creating lessons and working alongside teachers and students to make mathematics engaging, relevant and worthwhile.
In this book for primary teachers, they share 25 of their favourite lessons - ones that they love teaching.
Mathematics Assessment for Learning: Rich Tasks and Work Samples Book (Ann Downton, Rose Knight, Doug Clarke & Gerard Lewis) (PDF, 375KB)
A book for teachers seeking to inform their teaching by the use of tasks which can help to identify what their students know and can do in mathematics.
A great strength of this resource is that it not only presents appropriate tasks, but discusses these in the context of real student work samples (across a broad range of grade levels and demonstrated understandings) and possible assessment rubrics.
Articles written by MTLC members:
- 10 Practical Tips for Making Fractions Come Alive and Make Sense (Doug Clarke, Anne Roche & Annie Mitchell) (PDF, 678KB)
- The One Minute Challenge (Doug Clarke, Ann Downton & Anne Roche) (PDF, 2.27MB)
- Building Teachers' Expertise in Understanding, Assessing and Developing Children's Mathematical Thinking (Doug Clarke, Barbara Clarke & Anne Roche) (PDF, 571KB)
- Fractions as Division: The Forgotten Notion? (Doug Clarke) (PDF, 276KB)
- The Power of a Single Game to Address a Range of Important Ideas in Fraction Learning (Doug Clarke & Anne Roche) (PDF, 840KB)