Managing Ethical Studies on Sensitive Issues
Complete a survey to go in the draw for a $200 voucher!
We need your help to find out what helps children, young people and adults decide to take part in research studies, and why.
If you belong to one of the groups below, please help us with our study by completing a 10-minute online survey:
- Young people (aged 12–17)
- Parents/guardians (of children aged 7–14)
- Professionals, and other adults responsible for children aged 7–14, including teachers, principals, workers and managers in government departments, non-government organisations etc.
Choose your group to start the survey now
About the survey
The survey asks people about their views and experiences of research studies, to respond to hypothetical research scenarios, and provide basic information about themselves (the information will not be identifying).
If you complete the survey you can go into the draw for a $200 voucher!
About the study
The survey is to assist the Managing Ethical Studies on Sensitive Issues (MESSI) team with a study about involving children in research about sensitive topics. The purpose is to find out what helps children, young people and adults decide to take part and why.
The MESSI study has ethics approval from ACU [2016-110H]. If you have any further questions about the study you can also email email@example.com or phone on 0497 316 933.
- Participant information letter for children and parents (PDF, 86kB)
- Participant information letter for parents consenting for their child to... (PDF, 87kB)
- Participant information letter HREC Member (PDF, 85kB)
- Participant information letter HREC Manager (PDF, 84kB)