Community Engagement: The Heart of the Core Curriculum
There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why.
~ William Barclay
Some benefits you may get from doing the Core Curriculum?
- Learning about the common good and our role as engaged citizens in creating a fairer community
- Seeing the "bigger picture" when thinking about social issues
- Reflecting on your core values and passions, the experiences you have, and the personal transformation you experience.
Community Engagement at ACU combines action, learning and reflection that brings about change, not only for others but also for the students involved.
As an integral component of the Core Curriculum community engagement experiences leads students beyond themselves and into a practical encounter with their communities.
Community Engagement Resources
- UNCC100 - Module 4 Community Engagement
- Community Engagement Student Resource on LEO
- Core Curriculum Resources
- Catholic identity and mission of the church
- Teaching and learning and the student experience
- Student and Staff Reflections
- Research, knowledge generation and transfer and public policy examples
- Students' community engagement experience surveys
For more information see IACE (Institute for Advancing Community Engagement) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org