Distinctiveness and Leadership in Community Engagement
Community Engagement: Values, Leadership and Relationships
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is recognised nationally and internationally for its distinctiveness and leadership in community engagement. This leadership is based upon:
- the values, capacity, scholarship and sustained commitment ACU brings to communities and its community engagement; and
- the University's strategic role in national and international community engagement programs such as Clemente Australia, the Catholic Alliance for International Development (CAID) and the "University for Refugees, Thai Burma border".
Community engagement is seen as a core function of ACU supported through appropriate policies, planning, structures and personnel to ensure effectiveness.
ACU recognises that through community engagement, we contribute to
- the common good,
- promoting social inclusion and cohesion through engaged citizenship and
- enriching our learning, teaching and research endeavours.
IACE offers a range of Community Engagement consulting services. These services include, but are not limited, to:
- Professional development for staff;
- Working with community and organisations on their engagements;
- Research; and
- Best practices review.
Please contact us to discuss your Commmunity Engagement requirements:
Professor Jude Butcher cfc AM
61 2 9701 4335